No? Just me?
Well, this Cheesy Kale side dish cures any irrational bawling you do while watching Buffy. Or just tastes really, really good.
- 1 tablespoon oil (I used coconut oil)
- 1 large bunch of kale
- 1/3 cup of unsweetened almond milk*
- 1/3 cup of nutritional yeast*
- 1 tablespoon of crushed garlic
- a pinch of salt
- 1 zucchini (optional)
- Begin by heating a large pan on medium/high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Rip the leaves of kale off of the stems. Wash thoroughly.
- Add the kale to the pan, and let wilt. If you choose to have a zucchini, add it now.
- After the leaves have begun to wilt, add the garlic and salt. Let cook for another two minutes.
- Finally, add your almond milk and nutritional yeast, mix well, lower heat to medium, then cover and let stand for 5(ish) minutes.
I ate this cheesy kale as a side dish with roasted brussel sprouts and curried tempeh, but if you make a big batch, you could probably eat the entire thing as an entree. But only if you eat it in your pyjamas while watching Jeopardy.
*The bunch of kale I bought was reeeeally small. So I imagine if you bought one of significant size, you would want to increase the amount of cheesy goodness. Maybe half a cup each for extra cheesy-ness?