This is actually Kaylee's recipe, because she's the one who threw everything together, but to steal whatever glory I can, I bought the ingredients. So there. It's *sort of* my recipe too.
Vegan Crockpot Chili
makes 4 servings
- 1 package of veggie ground round ***
- 1 can of kidney beans
- 1 medium cooking onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 small can of tomato paste
- 1 large can of diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add one tablespoon of olive oil to a frying pan on medium/high heat.
- Chop the onion and red pepper and add them to the frying pan.
- After about two minutes (or when your onions are slightly translucent) add your ground round and cook until browned.
- Once browned, add the ground round, onions and pepper into the crockpot, and add the rest of the ingredients as well. Mix well.
- Cook on high for three hours, or cook on low all day.
*** If you can't find my favorite brand of Yves veggie ground round, then any other fake ground "meat" product will do. Or, you could cook up 1 1/2 cups of TVP and brown it with the onions. The TVP, however, will need additional seasoning.